Water Heater Services from Triple Crown Plumbing
When the hot water runs short in your home, you want an expert plumber for water heater repair. Most water heaters last between eight and 15 years on average; newer models will last even longer if regularly maintained. When your water heater stops working, needs replacement, or has sprung a leak, the professionals at Triple Crown Plumbing can help.
Water Heater Replacement and Repair Services
Our professional team at Triple Crown Plumbing is equipped to assist, no matter what your water heater needs. We offer preventative maintenance, repairs, replacements of water heaters, and 24-hour plumbing repairs for emergencies. Water heater maintenance is the best way to prevent future problems, and is your first line of defense against a water heater failure. When you contact Triple Crown Plumbing, we will evaluate the water heater and suggest the best way to correct the problem. Typically, the most cost-effective remedy is to repair the water heater. However, if repairs are not possible, our team of professional plumbers can assist you in choosing and installing a water heater replacement. Water heater replacement costs are usually more than repairs to an existing unit, so if a replacement has been suggested, it is in your best interest.
Types of Water Heaters
With the advancement of technology, innovations have been made when it comes to water heaters. At Triple Crown Plumbing, we service tank water heaters, space-saving tankless water heaters, and the eco-friendly option of solar water heaters. We can help you find a water heater replacement that fits your budget. Triple Crown Plumbing offers hot water heater repair and replacement on the following types of water heaters:
- Tank Water Heaters: Tank water heaters typically hold large amounts of water – usually around 50 gallons – all at once. Since this water heater constantly heats a considerable amount of water, it’s the best option when you need hot water right away.
- Tankless Water Heaters: Tankless water heaters heat water via electric coils or gas burners as it’s needed. Since the tankless water heater is not continuously heating a water source, you’ll save money with a tankless water heater installation in your home.
- Solar Water Heaters: Solar water heaters harness the sun’s power to warm water held in a storage tank.
Common Water Heater Problems
Our team can install, repair, replace, or service any water heater, from new tankless systems to standard units. If your water heater has started leaking or is no longer working correctly, our plumbers can troubleshoot the problem and recommend the right solution. We also offer 24-hour plumbing repairs for emergencies. Common water heater problems include:
- Noisy Water Heater: Noises can be the result of sediment building up inside the water heater. The solution is to drain the tank.
- Not Enough Hot Water: The most common issue is an insufficient amount of hot water. A common cause is an undersized unit that can’t handle the demand. More severe problems include a broken dip tube or a problem with the supply of gas.
- Water Leak: If you notice water pooling at the base of your unit, you could have a leak. Inspecting the valves and the temperature of the tank will help determine the source.
Why Should a Water Heater be Flushed?
A water heater needs to be flushed to remove sediment build-up. Sediment can cause the following problems:
- Less Hot Water: Sediment will take up space inside the tank and reduce the amount of available hot water.
- Loss of Efficiency: A hot water heater will have to work harder to heat up water when layers of sediment crowd the tank.
- Damage to Heating Element: Sediment can cause the heating element to burn out from overheating.
- Cracks and Leaks: Mineral sediment build-up can eventually cause the inside of the tank to rust and leak. If a crack in the tank is severe enough, it could cause the tank to burst.
- Clogged Drain Valve: If your drain valve is clogged with sediment, it will need to be replaced.
How Often Should You Drain Your Water Heater?
A water heater should be drained at least once a year to ensure minimum damage from mineral build-up. The water heater may need to be flushed more than once a year for homeowners with hard water. If a home is equipped with a water softener, flushing the water heater once a year may be sufficient.
Emergency Water Heater Services in Dallas, TX
Triple Crown Plumbing prides itself on treating our customers like family. Your emergencies are our emergencies, and we know they don’t always happen during business hours. That’s why we offer 24-hour plumbing repairs in Dallas, TX, and the surrounding area. Our expert plumbers arrive at your location equipped with the tools necessary to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
Schedule Water Heater Service with Triple Crown Plumbing
Contact the water heater specialists at Triple Crown Plumbing for your water heater maintenance and water heater repair needs.