Gas Leak Repair in Plano, TX
What Should You Do If You Notice a Gas Leak?
A gas leak is one of the most dangerous problems a homeowner can face. If you notice a minor problem, such as a very slight gas smell, check to make sure the burners on your stove are off and open the windows and doors.
If you suspect a leak, such as noticing a very strong gas smell, sparks, or flames, do the following:
- Do not light a match, turn on the lights or even pick up the phone to make a call. Doing so in the immediate area of a gas leak could cause a spark and subsequent explosion.
- Make sure you leave immediately, taking any other occupants and your pets with you.
- Call 911 and the gas company from a safe distance.
- Call a professional for help in locating and repairing the gas line leak.
Triple Crown Plumbing, LLC can provide professional, safe, and timely gas line repairs. Call today at (972) 544-4689 for service in Allen, Frisco, McKinney, or Richardson.
Common Gas Line Problems
According to the American Gas Association, more than 177 million Americans rely on natural gas. Our Plano plumbers can help you identify some of the problems associated with gas line leaks. As a homeowner, you should be aware of common problems that may occur with gas lines and the warning signs of a potential leak:
- Rotten egg smell: Natural gas is odorless and colorless, making it a silent killer. Gas suppliers today have counteracted this issue by adding a Sulphur-based component that produces a smell similar to rotten eggs. If you notice a strong smell of rotten eggs, you may have a gas leak.
- Feeling sick: Breathing in gas, even at low levels, can cause such symptoms as headaches, dizziness, irregular breathing, nausea, and fatigue. If you begin experiencing these symptoms while you are at home, you may be exposed to natural gas.
- Discolored landscaping: Plants and flowers in the proximity of a gas leak will become discolored and will deteriorate and die. This may be an indication of a leak.
- An unexpected increase in your gas bill: An unusual increase in your gas bill may be a sign of a leak.
Call Our Certified Plumbing Masters - Available 24/7
Get quality work at a reasonable and honest price when you call Triple Crown Plumbing in Plano, TX. We respect our clients and provide A+ customer service no matter the job. You can trust that we will get the gas leak under control so that you can get back to life as normal.
Contact us at (972) 544-4689 for safe, effective gas line repairs in Plano and the surrounding areas. Emergency services are available!